Upstox is a broker firm. It is an online trading platform for stocks. It counts as one of the best reliable platforms. It is the Best Discount Broker or Best Low-Cost Online Broker In India.
Either you have to purchase stocks, Mutual funds or Intraday trading (Equity Intraday) Upstox is a better platform. Upstox is better usable in both Web browsers and Mobile Phones.
In the end, we will conclude:
- Is Upstox good for mutual funds?
- Is Upstox a Safe and reliable platform?
- Upstox Brokerage plans
- Stock market Demat Account online
- Customer support
- Upstox Pro Web
You will know everything in the Upstox review today.
If you are interested can check: Comparison: Upstox vs Angel Broking | 4 Reasons to Consider Upstox and
Comparison: Upstox vs Zerodha | Is Upstox Better Then Zerodha?
Curious to know what is the difference between Demat and Trading Account? Check this full article here.
Opening a Free Demat and Trading account in Upstox is so easy. Flat Rs.20 Brokerage charges on trades or 0.05% respective to trade value. Stop loss and better charting tools equipped. No charges for using the software.
- No brokerage charges for equity delivery
- Great Trading platform
- No hidden charges or fixed brokerage charges
- No software uses charges
- Margin Against Shares is available
- Upstox MF Platform offers 1000’s Mutual Funds to invest in a single click
- 3-in-1 accounts are available with the partnership of Induslnd bank
- Investment in IPO and FPO is not yet possible
- Call and trade (C&T) facility fee is charged at an extra Rs.20 per executed order
- Doesn’t provide stock tips or recommendations.
Open Free Demat + Trading Account with Zero brokerage charges
Upstox Demat and Trading Account Review 2022
Upstox is one of the Best Discount Brokers In India, especially for regular traders. Is funded by top Indian businessman Mr Ratan Tata. Charges start from Rs.0 to Rs.20 per trade and an irrespective trade volume. They have 30+ lakh happy customers and investors who are using their platform.
What makes Upstox a Best Choice for Investors and Traders?
- Free Demat + Trading account opening
- Zero brokerage on Stock investment on Delivery orders
- Zero brokerage on Equity Delivery
- Easy, fast & simple interface
- Advanced technology trading platforms with better charts and candles
- Earn higher returns on Direct Mutual Funds
- 2000+ Mutual Fund schemes
- You can Invest as low as ₹500
- Get 99.9% pure 24K gold
- Buy/ sell real-time from anywhere
- Apply for IPOs through UPI
- Track your IPO application easily
- TradingView and ChartsIQ chart libraries
- Comprehensive 2FA authentication
Below are the fresh account opening charges & annual charges:
- Demat and Trading account opening – Free (limited time offer)
- Upstox Annual maintenance charge – Rs.25* + GST applicable (*Monthly basis)
They offer 0% brokerage on stock delivery. Provide Call & trade service also available at Rs. 20 per executed order.
Below is the table showing applicable charges for Investing:
|Equity Delivery||Rs.0 (Free)|
|Equity Intraday||Lower of Rs.20 per executed order or 0.05% equivalent to per trade|
|Equity Futures||Lower of Rs.20 per executed order or 0.05% equivalent to per trade|
|Equity Options||Rs.20 Fixed per executed order|
|Currency Futures & Options||Futures – Lower of Fixed Rs. 20 per executed order or 0.05% equivalent|
Options – Rs. 20 fixed per executed order
|Commodity F&O||Futures – Lower of Rs. 20 per executed order or 0.05%|
Options – Rs. 20 fixed per executed order
Upstox 3 in 1 Account Review
You will get Free Demat, trading & saving account in collaboration with Induslnd bank. The saving account is a Zero balance account. You can earn interest on Funds allocated from your saving account for trade. Another great profit.
IndusStox Account Benefits and Charges (Upstox 3 in 1 Account)
It’s a Demat + Trading + Savings account bundled in one package.
- Instant fund transfer facility with the new IndusStox
- No minimum balance required
- Start earning interest while you trade
- Get a Titanium Debit card
- Personalized account number
- Zero brokerage on delivery
Difference: IndusStox 3-in-1 account vs Traditional Brokers
|Feature/Types||Traditional brokers||Other-3-in-1-accounts||IndusStox 3-in-1 account|
|Trading in stocks, commodities, and currencies||YES||YES||YES|
|Zero-balance bank account||NO||NO||YES|
|Customizable bank account number||NO||NO||YES|
|₹20 per intraday trade||NO||NO||YES|
|Free delivery trading||NO||NO||YES|
No, there are no charges levied in Maintenance or opening charges for IndusStox Account.
Other Upstox Product
Upstox Priority Pack Plan
The priority plan is specially designed for those Intraday traders who look for higher margins during the trade. There are a few abbreviations used that are:
- CO – Closing Offset
- OCO – One Cancels the Other Order
- BO – Bracket Order
- F&O – Future and Options
- CDS – Credit Default Swap
Benefits of Upstox Priority Pack
- Up to 28X leverage on index futures using CO/OCO/BO
- 2X Intraday leverage on option buy with CO/OCO/BO
- 6X leverage on stock futures
- 27X Intraday leverage on cash (normally 20X on basic plan)
Priority Pack charges
You can enable priority pack plans as follows
- Rs. 999/month for trading in equities, F&O and CDS
- Rs. 499/month for For commodities
- Rs.30 per trade for priority brokerage charges
Upstox Basic Vs Priority
The basic plan is for fresher or medium–level traders while Priority is for advanced levels.
|Brokerage||Rs 30 per trade||Rs 20 per trade|
|Additional charges for Equity, FO and Currency||Rs 999/month||0|
|Additional charges for commodity||Rs 499/month||0|
Upstox Margin Compared (Priority vs Basic)
|Segment – Margin Intraday||Basic||Priority Pack|
|Index Option Sell||3X||6X|
|Stock Option Sell||3X||3X|
|Segment – Margin OC/OCO orders||Basic||Priority Pack|
|NSE Option Buy||1.33X||2X|
|Index Option Sell||3X||4X|
|Stock Option Sell||3X||3X|
Upstox (RKSV Securities) Demat and Trading Account Features
- Low Brokerage Charges: You will be charged flat Rs.20 brokerage charges under the ‘basic’ plan.
- Decent Trading Margins: You will get a margin of trade multiple times the money you own with you.
- Free Account Opening (Limited Time): You don’t have to pay anything for account opening charges as this is just for a limited time only. But Rs.25 + GST is applicable for your account maintenance charges.
Upstox Pro Review
Free Upstox Account Sign Up – (Limited Time Only)
How to Open the Account with Upstox
You can open an account by two methods:
1. Online: With the IPV method
2. Traditional: By submitting physical forms
But In both cases you will need the following documents handy:
1. PAN Card
2. Aadhaar Card
3. Specimen Signature
5. ITR file or Income proof (In case trade in Derivatives)
On the Account opening page:
- Enter your email id and mobile number for OTP.
- User will receive OTP.
- Enter your OTP.
- Next step will be form filling process.
- Personal details, Trading preferences, Bank details.
- In the last step, authenticate your account with your Adhaar and verify after KYC documents.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
What is called Upstox App?
Ans. It is an India best discount broker which is funded by Ratan Tata, Kalaari Capital and GVK Davix. Earlier it was RKSV securities but in 2016 it changed to Upstox with great intuitive trading software.
Is the Upstox account opening free?
Ans. Account opening is not free but limited time they have made it free for everyone.
Is it safe to open an account in Upstox?
Ans. Yes, the account opening is fully safe.
Is Upstox Reliable and Safe?
Ans. Yes, It is a very reliable and safe trading platform.
How much time does it take to open a Upstox account?
Ans. Usually, it takes 12-36 hours to open a Demat account.
Is Upstox SEBI registered?
Ans. Yes, RKSV or Upstox is a member of NSE, BSE, and MCX exchanges. It is registered with the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) as a stockbroker. MCX Member Code: 46510
Can we execute our trades smoothly using the app?
Ans. Yes, you can execute your trades smoothly.
Summary: Upstox Review or RKSV Review
If you looking for an advanced trading platform for both Investing and trading you can go for Upstox broking company or RKSV company.
You will get the benefits of low charges and AMC from this company. Transaction charges are low or fixed In most cases. While trading through this digital broking company.
The company is an official part of CDSL or Central Depositories Services Limited with DP ID as 81800 inclusion NSDL or National Depository Services Limited. You can add your fund by NEFT or other payment methods in your Stock trading account. It is best for both beginners or Professionals.